Saturday, May 26, 2018

American Horror Story(Spoilers)

I am in love with American Horror Story. The first season scared me and I was hooked from then on. I love things that scare me. This show was a genius idea: an anthology series where the same actors are in each season but playing different characters and the seasons have different content. At first the seasons were going to have nothing to do with each other. But, of course, they decided to change that and I am interested in seeing how they will connect all of them. I am just going to give a brief overview of my feelings on each season. For those of you who have not seen the show: Spoilers Ahead.

Murder House
The first season was great. Who doesn't love a ghost story? The season started off with some great jump scares, then became this intricate story about all the people who have ever lived... and died in the house. I enjoyed Violets story the most. It was a little too teenage angst for my taste but I liked the actress that played Violet(Taissa Farmiga) and the actor that played Tate(Evan Peters). They had great chemistry. It had a very strange happy ending but also not a happy ending. Everybody dies at the end but they still exist in the house and live happily ever after?

Asylum
This season was a mish-mash of alien abductions, demonic possession, mad scientists and killers. Sarah Paulsons portrayal of Lana Winters was great. Lana's story was horrifying from beginning to end.

Coven
This season was a slow burner for me. I didn't really it until the last 3 episodes. But those 3 episodes were amazing. Sarah Paulson was, again, awesome as Cordelia Foxx. Also, Stevie Nicks made an appearance. Pretty fantastic.

Freak Show
This season, obviously set around a traveling Freak Show was interesting to say the least. The Clown Freaked me out. Dandy was insane. An intricate story about these people just trying to get by, through the only means at their disposal, a Freak Show. The world is cruel but they were trying to make their own happiness. They eventually did. Another happy ending with a twist.

Hotel
One of my favorite seasons. Absolutely loved Lady Gaga as The Countess. Very reminiscent of the Murder House season. And who doesn't love vampires? Actually: Me. I am sick of the entire genre. But they did this one right. Kind of contemporary classic vampires. Not a single sparkle to be seen. Just a morally ambiguous creature living off those around her.

Roanoke
This season actually really scared me. I was not able to watch it in the dark. It was a story within a story within a story. Very convoluted. The gratuitous violence was not to my liking. Violence is not scary, it is disgusting. People rely on it too much in the horror genre. Probably why I prefer the Thriller genre.

My Rankings of the Seasons
1. Murder House
2. Hotel
3. Freak Show
4. Asylum
5. Coven
6. Roanoke

Thanks for Reading
Follow me on instagram: @castleclown

No comments:

Post a Comment