Thursday, April 26, 2012

I love Jim Henson


I recently watched Jim Henson’s The Storyteller. It was a cool idea. Take old folk tales and make them come to life. There is nothing I love more than fairy tales. There is something different about fairy tales from other types of stories. I can’t put my finger on it but you know when you have seen or heard a fairy tale and I love that feeling. I also love Jim Henson. His Creature Shop makes awesome puppets. It’s one of the reasons I love the TV show Farscape. Jim Henson Productions produced the show and pretty much made all the aliens for that show and I think they were stunning. I love when shows and movies  use puppets instead of CG. No matter how realistic the CG looks I just feel like I can relate to them better than computer generated creatures. I also love the look when they use puppetry and CG together like in the movie Where the Wild Things Are. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes I completely agree, there is just something a little extra special when a practical puppet is used versus a computer generated creature. For me it is just more familiar and knowing that the actors are seeing the same thing that you are makes the characters more believable.

    http://saralopolis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete