Monday, April 23, 2012

International Pixel-Stained Technopeasant Day


I have a calendar that I bought from ThinkGeek that has April 23 marked as International Pixel-Stained Technopeasant Day. And being the curious person I am I looked up International Pixel-Stained Technopeasant Day on Wikipedia (that is where I get most of my information so if this is wrong I would be more than happy to be told). According to Wikipedia it’s a day that was created writer Jo Walton to encourage writers to make “professional quality” works available for free on the internet. Which is awesome because I love reading and anything for free is great. She picked the day because April 23 is commonly considered Shakespeares birthday. It’s also St. Georges Day, which is celebrated by exchanging red roses or books with your sweetheart. Now that is a day I can get behind. Forget chocolate on St. Valentines Day, I want a book on St. Georges Day. I still can’t figure out what a Pixel-Stained Technopeasant is but it has my full support.

No comments:

Post a Comment